Franklin TN – a lovely town to call home!
Franklin, TN was voted in the top 100 of Money’s list of America’s best small cities at #66
Franklin is surrounded by rolling hills and many rural farms and white picket fences. There are an abundance of trees, just seeing the leaves change colors in the fall can be very therapeutic.
Franklin real estate enjoys many different styles with a median home price in the high $200’s.
There’s also a strong appreciation for history here — a very important Civil War site battle took place here – towards the end of the war. This year will mark the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Franklin.
Franklin is a city with a small town feel with an actual town square, an old style movie theater and very old historic homes. Franklin home owners enjoy many of the big city extras like a large 20 screen movie theater, great restaurants, lovely parks and really great shopping.
Not only is Franklin home to some of country music’s rising stars and music producers, several Tennessee Titans have bought a home here too. Franklin also hosts a wide range of concerts and festivals, including Bluegrass Along the Harpeth in July and the Franklin Jazz Festival in September.
Close to Nashville
It’s no wonder music has a big influence on Franklin — it’s just 20 minutes from Nashville! If you enjoy country music then Nashville is where it’s at, along with pretty parks, lots of nice restaurants & fun bars, oh and don’t forget – plenty of shopping.
Franklin Smart Facts:
As of 2011, Franklin’s population is 66,230 people, with a population growth of 33% since 2000.
Over half of the largest publicly traded companies in Middle Tennessee call Williamson County home. As the location of choice for today’s business leaders, Williamson County leads the way in population, employment and per capita income growth. These are the county’s top 25 private sector employers.
1. Cool Springs Galleria 3,500 employees Regional mall with ﬁve department stores and over 165 specialty shops
2. Community Health Systems Inc. 2,000 employees Operates, owns or leases 122 acute care hospitals in 29 states
3. Williamson Medical Center 1,300 employees 185-bed hospital with credentialed physicians in 53 specialties & sub-specialties
4. Nissan North American 1,300 employees Automotive manufacturer
5. Verizon Wireless 1,000 employees Wireless voice and 3G network with 91.2 million customers
6. HCA 920 employees Patient accounting service center and physician services
7. Comdata Corporation 851 employees Transaction process solutions including payroll services
8. AIM HealthCare Services, Inc. 815 employees Claims resolution and healthcare information management
9. Healthways 800 employees Comprehensive care enhancement & disease management services
10. Ford Motor Credit 800 employees Provides automotive ﬁnancing for Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles
11. Mars Petcare US 680 employees Manufacturer of private label pet food
12. Afﬁnion Beneﬁts Group 550 employees Marketing and insurance services for ﬁnancial institutions
13. Lee Company 520 employees Integrated commercial and residential facility solutions
14. Tractor Supply Company 500 employees Owns and operates retail farm and ranch stores
15. DaVita 500 employees Provides dialysis and education for patients with chronic kidney failure
16. MedSolutions 500 employees Management of medical imaging services
17. Cogent Healthcare 400 employees Provides medical and management systems for hospitals
18. Simplex Healthcare 400 employees Provides a range of healthcare products to patients with diabetes
19. Lasko Metal Products Inc. 340 employees Manufacturer of fans, humidiﬁers and heaters
20. Life Point Hospitals 309 employees Develops community based hospitals in non-urban areas
21. Aspect Software 300 employees Software development, customer services, and sales
22. Lampo Group (Dave Ramsey) 290 employees Financial planning and counseling services
23. Apcom, Inc. 285 employees Manufactures drain valves and testing elements for thermostats
24. Lattimore Black Morgan & Cain 270 employees Professional services organization with eight separate divisions
25. Gordian Health Solutions 200 employees Whole-person, preference-based health coaching